J & S Cafeterias is a third generation family-owned business with locations throughout North Carolina. Our "home office" is located at 110 Westover Drive, High Point, North Carolina.
J & S opened its first unit at River Ridge Market Place in Asheville, N.C. on September 4, 1984 with sixty-five employees and over twenty of the original employees are still with us today.
J & S became an overnight success with its North Carolina home-cooking and fair prices. Due to the success of the first unit, J & S began making plans to open a second unit in West Asheville at West Ridge Market Place. It opened in September, 1986. In November 1988 and February 1989, following two years of careful planning and training of additional staff, J & S opened in Greensboro, N.C. and Hickory, N.C. respectfully. Since then, two more units have been opened; a third unit in Asheville in 1992, and most recently in High Point, N.C. in 2002.
In 2002 we opened our catering services in each store to provide a wider range of service to our customers. We’re able to offer individual attention to each presentation, serving our famous home-cooking or more sophisticated menus as might be required. As we say, "If it's food, we can do it!"
Mission StatementOur mission is pleasing people with great food, great service and 100% customer satisfaction every time. Our aim is to prepare and serve at a value price the freshest and best food in the USA.
We’ll do this by:
- Providing 100% customer satisfaction—our guest always leaves happy
- Always giving our customers quality, tasty food
- Making sure we delight our customers every visit with great service
- Providing excellent facilities, training and benefits for our employees
- Providing all interested employees with opportunities to develop and advance themselves
- Instilling in our employees our philosophy of fresh, tasty food, great service, pride in our products, and accomplishment of a job well done
- Always reaching for the best within ourselves